[klee-dev] How I compiled klee on fc11
shaul.kedem at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 14:57:11 PDT 2009
Here are the steps I went through to compile klee on an AMD quad
x86_64 with fedora core 11:
(see comments at the end)
1. create 3 dirs: llvm-gcc, llvm and klee in $HOME. (if you want to
check where your $HOME points to, write 'echo $HOME' in a terminal
2. download llvm-gcc 2.6 from here
extract to the llvm-gcc dir.
3. add the $HOME/llvm-gcc/llvm-gcc-4.2-2.6-x86_64-linux/bin to your PATH.
4. cd to ~ and write "llvm" and press tab, if you get a list of
programs like llvm-c++, llvm-g++, llvm-gccbug, llvm-gfortran and
others you are fine, if not, check that $PATH is set correctly (in
bash I changed ~/.bash_profile to include that path)
5. to be really sure you are using the right llvm-gcc, type 'which
llvm-gcc' - you should get the path entered at step 3.
6. ok, now enter the llvm dir and download llvm-2.6 with:
$ curl -O http://llvm.org/releases/2.6/llvm-2.6.tar.gz
7. continue according to the "Getting Started: Building and Running
KLEE" (I am pasting all here):
$ tar zxvf llvm-2.6.tar.gz
$ cd llvm-2.6
8. This is different than in the page:
$ ./configure CC=llvm-gcc CXX=llvm-g++ --enable-optimized
9. cd to $HOME/klee and checkout KLEE:
$ svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/klee/trunk $HOME/klee
10. Configure KLEE (from the $HOME/klee directory):
$ ./configure --with-llvm=%HOME/llvm
11. build (again, not as in page):
$ make ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1 CC=llvm-gcc CXX=llvm-g++
12. install dejagnu (I used yumex for that)
13. run 'make check'. It will fail at the end but it looks like the
execution itself goes ok
14. run 'make unittests'. again, runs the unittests and looks ok.
15. before running the tutorials you may want to run 'make install'
or somehow add the header files to your environment.
the comments at the end:
- This is how I did it , hopefully I didn't forget anything, if I did,
please let me know.
- I hope that this helps.
More information about the klee-dev